Following steps are followed when any JSP page is called through browser.
- Step 1: The user goes to a web site made using JSP. The user goes to a JSP page(ending with .jsp). The web browser makes the request via the internet.
- Step 2: The JSP request gets sent to the Server.
- Step 3: The server recognizes that file has .jsp extension or not, if yes than passes the JSP file to the JSP Servlet Engine.
- Step 4: If the JSP file has been called first time, the JSP file is parsed otherwise step 5 and step 6 is skipped.
- Step 5: After it JSP generates Servlet. The entire Html required is converted to println statements.
- Step 6: The Servlet source code compiled into the class.
- Step 7: The Servlet is instantiated, calling the init and service methods.
- Step 8: Html from the Servlet output is sent via the Internet.
- Step 9: Html results are displayed on the user’s web browser.