vqServer has the following features:
- Free. But please register!
- Enables hosting of web sites on any personal computer (Windows,
- Macintosh, Linux or Solaris) which supports Java applications.
- Suitable for running an individual's personal web site or the web site or intranet for a small company as well as for larger applications.
- Designed for ease of use. Comes with step-by-step instructions and a sample web site to get you started.
- Password protection of files and directories.
- Custom registration forms can be used to require visitors to your web site to register for access to files and services.
- Surfer-friendly custom login pages can be used to replace web browsers' standard login dialog boxes.
- You can add a logout link or button to any page, closing an important security loophole!
- Update your web site directly from many popular web page editors using the HTTP PUT method.
- File uploading using HTML forms.
- Remote server and web site administration using the web browser based, easy-to-use control centre.
- Extensible using Java servlets and CGI scripts (sample servlets are included).
- Roaming access server capability for Netscape Navigator users.
- Developers' toolkit and API and customisation toolkit available.