In case the user wants to fasten the Netbeans startup time, Please read this tip.
All the new J2EE and web services modules added into NetBeans offer great functionality, but they also have some influence on the startup time. In case the user does not want all the J2EE, web applications, web services, database support, they can disable them so that those will not be loaded using the startup.
The user can turn off the modules in Tools | Options | IDE Configuration | System | Modules:
- Everything from J2EE - can be disabled as a whole category
- Everything from Database - can be disabled as a whole category
- Everything from Web except Web Browser Ant Task (required by J2SE) - modules need to be disabled individually
- Everything from XML except XML Entity Catalog (required by J2SE) - modules need to be disabled individually
- Everything from Version Control
- All other dependend modules which the IDE might ask the user to disable