JRex is a Java Browser Component with set of API's for Embedding Mozilla GECKO within a Java Application.
- Embedded Java Browser based on Mozilla GECKO.
- Event capturing like InputEvents (Mouse & keyboard), History, ContextMenu, ContentUrlListener, Observer, Progress, ToolTip.
- Compatible with AWT and Swing.
- Build in support for window and event management.
- Easy to use, developer need not know much of Mozilla details. The effective line of code for simple use is not more than 3 lines.
- Easy to use and easily extendable API's.
- Compatible with windows and *nix (Having GTK support).
- Compatible with Mozilla Gecko 1.4 and above. Has been tested with Mozilla Gecko 1.4 and 1.6 and 1.7.7
- Supports Tabbed and Java Internal Pane browser windows.
- Support for Profile & preferences.
- Support for Persist, Find & BroswerSetup (to enable/disable plug-in, image etc.) preferences.
- Support for accessing DOM objects of rendered page.
- JRex also implements DOM HTML2 for manipulating loaded HTML Document.
- In built support for Java WebStart deployment.
- Can be used for communication between XUL and JVM in which JRex is running.
Licence: Mozilla Public License