The Transform SWF framework is a collection of classes for each of the tags and data structures that make up the Flash (SWF) File Format Specification from Macromedia. The classes provide a completely object-based API for parsing, manipulating and generating Flash files. This allows Java based applications to dynamically generate and update files that represent animations and documents which can be easily distributed and displayed on any platform that supports a graphical web browser.
In addition to the classes supporting the core API several classes provide a higher level interface to reduce the level of effort required to implement applications. These simplify the integration of sound and images into Flash file while text can be displayed using external font files allowing presentations to be localized for any spoken language.
- Fully supports the latest version of Flash - MX 2004.
- Object-based API is easily expanded to support future Flash versions.
- Generate files for any version of Flash.
- Parse existing Flash files to deliver customised presentations.
- Generate images using JPEG, PNG and BMP files.
- Generate event and soundtracks from WAV and MP3 files.
- Display text from AWT, OpenType or TrueType font definitions.
- Comprehensive 2-D drawing API to create shapes from arbitrary complex paths.
- Java 2 Standard Edition code easily integrates with web application servers.
- Frameworks are available with Open Source licensing.
Licence: BSD License