JAGA is an extensible and pluggable API for implementing genetic algorithms (GA) and genetic programming (GP) applications in Java.
JAGA is a public effort to unite academics to develop a shared GA&GP API , which could provide a common basis for research and industrial implementations across various application areas.
- JAGA is free & open source.
- JAGA is a collaborative effort of evolutionary computation and software systems engineering research groups: its plug-in style architecture and well-planned design allows to create GA and GP applications quickly and easily.
- JAGA contains a wide range of ready-to-use evolutionary algorithms, genetic operators and genotype representations.
- JAGA has been and is being used for active academic research.
- JAGA comes with tutorials and a step-by-step introduction on GA and GP in general and on how to implement then using JAGA in particular.
- JAGA is new - although the current release is stable and provides a wire range of functions, JAGA is still in development.