NetForge is a Web Server for the JavaTM platform. It has been developed with JDK 1.1.3 under Linux. The main features of NetForge are:
- Servlet Interface (Servlet API 2.1) for running HTTP servlets.
- Common Gateway Interface CGI/1.1 for starting external responder programs.
- Scalability: A small server kernel is extended by responder objects which are loaded at runtime.
- Portability by using Java as the implementation language.
- Comfortable administration with a local GUI, a remote GUI configuration utility or through HTML forms.
- Runs out of the box. Simply unpack the archive and start the server.