Secure FTP Applet is a secure FTP client component that runs within your web browser. Secure FTP Applet includes all the features found in our popular FTP Applet product with the added ability to encrypt all data exchanged between the client and server using either the SFTP (FTP over SSH) or FTPS (FTP over SSL) protocols. It is designed to let non-technical users exchange data with an FTP server while ensuring that all data exchanged is completely secure.
- Full encryption - Encryption of both command and data channels providing total security.
- Full protocol support - Support for FTP, FTPS (FTP over SSL) and SFTP (FTP over SSH) protocols.
- No software installation required - Eliminates the need to install and support FTP client software.
- Cross platform - Secure FTP Applet is capable of running within virtually any web browser equipped with the Java Plug-In 1.4.2 or above including Microsoft Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator.
- Firewall support - Default passive data transfer mode allows you to easily connect to any FTP server from behind a firewall.
- Transfer mode support - Transfer files using either ASCII or Binary transfer mode.
- Multiple file transfer - Powerful feature allows you to upload entire directories with ease.
- Multilingual support - Customize the text elements used in Secure FTP Applet to match your locale.
- Look and feel support - Customize the look and feel of Secure FTP Applet to match your web site palette.
- Permissions support - Limit what your FTP users can see and do
- Transfer status monitor - Progress dialog monitors the status of file transfers allowing you to cancel a transfer at anytime.
- Lost connection detection - Automatically detects lost connections due to network time-out offering you the ability to reconnect.
- Digitally signed - Secure FTP Applet is digitally signed using a code signing certificate issued by Thawte, a trusted certificate authority.