Retriever allows you to download files from the internet easier and with more control than from your web browser, with it you can resume interrupted downloads at any time that's convenient or even schedule downloads to occur when you're away from your computer. Even if one server is too busy to accomodate you Retriever will automatically switch to another to continue your download.
You can temporarily pause your download and resume it instantly a few minutes later.
No matter how many times your download is interrupted or stopped Retriever gives you a successful download.
Features of Retriever include:
- Resumable FTP and HTTP downloads.
- Support for BitTorrent transfers.
- FTP and HTTP server authentication.
- supports HTTP, FTP and SOCKS proxies with authentication.
- Ability to add file download mirrors.
- Ability to segment downloads so only a portion of the file will be downloaded. In the case of multi file torrents individual files can be selected for download.
- Scheduled downloading.
- Pausable downloading.
- Execute external application on download start and/or completion.
- User customizable icons. See Retriever's help documentation for details.